HEALTH + SAFETY
It is the policy of Image Construction Inc. that every reasonable effort be made to ensure that the health, safety and well-being of our workers, subcontractors and clients is protected at all times.
To achieve this objective, we require compliance with:
- the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- the regulations made under the OHSA, and
- the procedures set out in the health and safety program of Image Construction.
All employees of Image Construction Inc., regardless of position or title, are members of a team and represent the company on all job sites, whether it is company-controlled or as subcontractors to another company. All employees will be held accountable for the health and safety of themselves and other co-workers. It is in the best interest of all parties to consider accident prevention in every activity. Compliance with our health and safety policy and program will be regularly reviewed, and we encourage anyone with concerns or issues to report them promptly for appropriate action.
Image Construction requires that any unsafe practices or conditions are reported to the site superintendent immediately, and if no satisfactory action is taken, to move up the chain of management to the next highest authority.
WSIB HEALTH + SAFETY EXCELLENCE PROGRAM
The Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) has introduced a new initiative called the WSIB Health and Safety Excellence Program. This program connects businesses with WSIB-approved providers who will help in the development of a health and safety program tailored to the specific needs of a company. The program, along with the support of the provider, will act as a road map for employers to follow in the pursuit of transitioning from simple awareness of health and safety laws to developing a complete program based on best practices in health and safety.
This program will give Image Construction the tools needed to
- move from awareness to excellence in regard to our health and safety program
- aid us in fostering our commitment to the health and safety of everyone involved with the company.
The WSIB Health and Safety Excellence Program offers flexible options for improving our health and safety program.
- First, we selected a WSIB-approved provider; the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA). They focus on the construction sector and have been an outstanding source of information for the elements of our existing program.
- Next, we selected 5 health and safety topics to implement into our company within the year. There are 3 levels of topics to choose from depending on the current state of the company’s program.
- Once these topics have been introduced into our health and safety program, we will send in documentation of our efforts to have our success approved by the WSIB or to receive further direction for completion.
- Finally, these efforts will become a part of the daily health and safety culture within the company.
In the section below you will be able to see our journey to improve the health and safety of everyone at Image Construction. Stay tuned…
[as we achieve badges the electronic badge will be included below along with the efforts put in to earn